Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Agile Project Scrum Master located in Houston, TX through May 18, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Seeking high performing, IT professionals who are interested in a new role as an Agile Project Scrum Master. This role is involved at the forefront of a significant, highly visible and impactful change effort leading Agile project management across the IT Function. The Agile Project Scrum Master is a key role in our transformative journey, contributing to the emergence of a healthy, effective Agile practice and serves as a vital member of the Portfolio & Project Management Center of Excellence (P&PM COE) team. The position will be located in Houston and will work closely with the Leadership Team delivering exceptional project execution excellence across the IT function.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership to Scrum teams to achieve project value and goals; to consult and coach other Scrum teams; to support the development of Agile Scrum processes with exposure to various Operating Companies and Leadership/ Decision Makers, as well as working closely with a team of technical and non-technical resources and business partners. An Agile Project Scrum Master position at Chevron allows an individual to broadly expand their career network, and supports a variety of future career ladder opportunities such as Project Management, Program Management, Cloud Computing, DevOps, etc.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support project Scrum Masters on meeting facilitation, continuous improvement, and team productivity in terms of deliverable quality, velocity and value to the business.
- Exhibit leadership through Agile behaviors and mindset. Coaches teams in Agile Scrum principles, methodology and technology to grow their capabilities.
- Support multiple projects as they start up and connect with key stakeholders such as project manager, product owner, scrum master, team members.
- Champion Agile organizational capability across the IT Function by assisting in the development and deployment of Agile principles, processes, and tools.
- Apply Agile, CSOC and CPMS for IT principles, practices, tools and templates with an appropriate level of rigor based on project risk.
- Support both the Agile and IT PM Communities of Practice.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as an Agile Scrum Master
- Prior experience working or managing IT Projects.
- Coach individuals in Agile Scrum methodology, processes and principles.
- Ability to inspire continual improvement, instill team empowerment and transparency on projects.
- Ability to influence Executive Steering Committee (DE/DRB) members in understanding and executing projects using Agile Scrum methodology.
- Strong facilitation skills. Ability to coach/support daily standups, sprint planning, retrospective meetings.
- Communicate/teach new Agile Scrum concepts to business, IT professionals.
- Travel may be required depending on project specific needs.
- Experience as Scrum Master responsible the scrum process, including sprint planning, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, user stories.
- Experience with tools, such as JIRA, TFS, MS PPM,.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.