Skills: Paramedic / Nurse
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Ramon, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Clinic Supervisor located in San Ramon, California/United States through May 18, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 146501
The Occupational Health team within Chevron’s Global Health and Medical Department provides clinical and consulting services in Occupational and Environmental Health. Services include clinical services in travel health and injury management, evaluation of referral medical facilities, health and hygiene inspections for business operations, expatriate health services and examinations, and medical consultative services for Chevron employees around the world. Our Occupational Health staff supports the US workforce through quality assurance oversight of a network of medical clinics located in Chevron’s major work locations, reviews health data from company policy and regulatory examinations, provides physician expertise in managing significant disability cases, and renders fitness for duty determinations to ensure workers do not pose a health or safety risk to themselves, co-workers, business operations or the environment. The Occupational Health team works in an integrated style with Chevron’s Employee Assistance, WorkLife, Drug and Alcohol, Disability Management and Health and Productivity functions.
The Clinic Supervisor provides direct medical services, travel medicine services, health management services, consultative and management advice to employees and dependents, supervisors and executives in North American business units. The Clinic Supervisor may work within the wider wellness portfolio of Chevron’s Global Health and Medical Department– the global resource at Chevron for the delivery of occupational health, community health, and health promotion and well being programs. This position occasionally requires presentations at workshops and meetings internally at Chevron and externally at conferences and requires strong communication and relationship building skills. The Clinic Supervisor will also provide medical expertise to management and HR business partners through consultation and training.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Performs direct on-site medical examinations and clinical evaluations including the delivery of international assignment, pre-placement, and selected biomedical surveillance exams for clients and employees. Assesses employee medical fitness for duty; and, consults on employee assistance program and mental health cases when requested.
• Provides occupational health consultations, evaluations, and immunizations to international travelers, expatriate employees and dependents according to Clinic process manual. Conducts travel health orientations for expatriates and business travelers. Performs health assessments and provides specialty medical referrals and follow-up for patients as needed. Clinical supervision is provided by the Global Occupational Health Manager (e.g. medical record reviews and review / signature for prescriptions if required).
• Performs clinic administration and staff supervision duties. Assists in budget planning and monitoring the clinic budget on a regular basis. Participates on clinic process improvement teams and implements clinic processes. Maintains accurate, complete, and timely documentation in the medical record; reviews clinical data for accuracy and completeness.
• Acts as a Global Health and Medical liaison with other domestic and international medical clinics. Maintains and communicates expertise on health risk conditions and specific country requirements to domestic and international staff. Coordinates clinic marketing activities by conducting open houses and participating in health fairs.
• When requested, provides professional support on special projects and other activities as assigned by the Global Occupational Health Manager.
• Occasional travel within North America is estimated at less than 5 percent of the job (If travel is required, it will be known weeks or months in advance for conferences or business planning meetings).
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 years of experience in a similar capacity
• Clinical license and certification (Physician’s Assistant, Nurse Practitioner).
• Must hold active California License
• Eligible for Prescriptive authority and DEA.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills.
• Strong customer focus and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with a team and to bring expertise to the role.
• Master’s degree.
• 5+ years of exprerience preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Occupational health/travel medicine experience.
• Strong clinical and supervisory skills.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.