Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
North American Environmental Specialist (also includes Senior and Principal levels)
The Environmental Specialist will provide regional and local operations support regarding environmental permitting and compliance assurance throughout the US and Canada.
- Perform regulatory applicability analysis and prepare detailed documentation of required approvals for construction and operation activities.
- Communicate environmental compliance requirements to local operations.
- Provide technical and project management oversight for waste management, pollution prevention and waste minimization, permitting assistance, hazardous materials compliance, spill response planning, air and water
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance issues, environmental management systems and assistance with other general environmental tasks for facilities across the United States and Canada.
- Prepare environmental permit applications and state and EPA regulatory submittals (e.g., emission inventories, TRIs, Tier 2, DMRs and hazardous waste reports).
- Supervise and evaluate environmental consultants.
- Keep abreast of newly promulgated state and federal environmental regulations.
- Interface with federal, state, and local agencies, and assist with the communication and coordination of company activities, including environmental inspections with Federal, State, and Local Agencies.
- Manage environmental documentation in accordance with record retention requirements.
- Support/manage response and remediation efforts involving minor spills and ensure notifications for environmental incidents/releases are made in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct/participate in investigations of environmental incidents and root cause analysis of environmental issues.
- Recommend improvements in processes, management systems, procedures, and operation equipment to comply with environmental requirements.
- Support the implementation of environmental standards by providing technical assistance on environmental issues.
- Coach deployed HSE professionals regarding environmental awareness, risk identification, and strategy implementation.
Education & Experience:
- Requires undergraduate study in HSE related field, Science, or Engineering.
- 3 years of relevant experience required; higher education may be considered as relevant experience.
- Professional certification preferred.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Environmental Specialist, Senior Environmental Specialist and Principal Environmental Specialist.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 38730
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: HSE
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: Denver, Colorado / Houston, TX / Lafayette, Louisiana
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.