Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Competentia is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with a Major Chemical company based in the Houston area. They will be part of a shared-service team responsible for global development and execution of small to large major capital projects at all major manufacturing locations and businesses.
The Construction Manager (CM) is directly accountable for all construction activities related to the project. The CM will support the Project Manager to ensure overall project success. The CM is required to organize, plan, staff, motivate, coordinate and direct the construction effort. The Construction Manager is responsible for overall construction safety, strategy, logistics, administration of construction controls, schedules and budgetary performance.
- Ensures that all construction activities are executed safely and meet quality, cost and schedule expectations.
- Provides input into the development of the Construction Safety Plan.
- Participate and provide construction input as needed during Front-End-Loading/Planning Stages of Project Process. This includes providing contract strategy, constructability, schedule, and estimate input as needed.
- Participate in the development of the Construction Contracting Strategy.
- Responsible for the development of the Construction Execution Plan.
- Work with Project Controls Manager to develop and monitor contractor performance metrics.
- Other responsibilities as directed by management.
- B.S. (or higher) degree in relevant Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Relevant field experience in construction management position required.
- Lead Construction role in Capital Projects greater than $50 MM preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience associated with Project Management or Construction Management in Refining/Petrochemical environment required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are required.