Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently sourcing a B Operator to join our team in the Gulf of Mexico. The successful candidate will be required to undertake and must be able to assist in operating production facilities with very little supervision, including but not limited to, safety, environmental, regulatory compliance, testing, repair and maintenance of facilities, wells, production equipment, safety equipment and devices, measuring equipment, rotating equipment, and materials.
This position will report directly to the manager.
- Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Can operate, monitor, test, and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Can monitor the performance of wells and production; Calculate daily rates, well testing, and perform some trouble shooting; Monitor discharge water produced.
- Calculation of gas meter chart volumes in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volumes in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas.
- Can perform many of the record keeping requirements by BSEE and USCG on the following: weekly / monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
- Can operate, test, maintain, repair and record keep most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart.
- Ability to operate safety equipment including firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
- Can operate and maintain most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations with little supervision.
- Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2-3 years of experience required in oil and gas production
- Work schedule of 14/14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 142278 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.