Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an immediate opportunity for a Field Survey Technician (Crew Chief). This position reports to the Survey Manager and is responsible for the successful completion of field work assigned to them and meeting project goals. Hours will vary dependent upon workloads and project needs. This position based from our Kennesaw location, but extensive and long term southeastern regional travel will be required.
The successful candidate will be able to perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight as well as interacting with clients in a professional and courteous manner. Candidates must have prior experience suitable to our needs and be adaptable to emerging technologies. Candidates must be “team minded” with the ability to take direction from others and adapt our standards and procedures. Candidates must be comfortable working outdoors for long periods of time and be able to physically perform work of this nature.
Candidate will be required to submit to a drug test and background check, provide character / professional references and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Executing work as directed and meeting project goals
- Meeting company and client standards
- Maintaining equipment assigned to them in a safe, clean and secure manner
- Direct and mentor junior staff
- Preparing company required paperwork daily
- Be safety minded in all aspects of work
- Participate in and or lead safety discussions and briefings
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to adapt to standards and procedures and implement those standards in all aspects of work
- Prepare and present information in a clear and concise manner
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Crew Chief
- Working knowledge of standardized field coding and auto-line work
- Effective verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of DOT based route surveying along with various types of key surveying activities (boundary, topographic, as-built construction staking)
- Proficient with modern Data Collectors, Total Stations, Robotics and GPS (Trimble experience preferred)
- Adaptable to emerging technologies such as laser scanning and drones
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.