Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: San Diego, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler seeks 2 - 4 highly motivated and experienced people to work on habitat restoration projects in the field. Our work is largely in San Diego County, from the coast to the inland desert with some work ranging up to the Bay area and southern Nevada and Arizona. We do start-to-finish habitat restoration in a variety of ecosystems including inland and coastal wetlands, riparian areas, desert and chaparral vegetation, and woodlands and palm oases. Work includes site preparation including earthwork, installation of temporary irrigation systems, planting container plants, distributing seed, and weed control.
Skills / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in habitat restoration work, preferably in Southern California
- Possess (or be able to quickly acquire) a Qualified Applicator License (QAL) for herbicide application in wildlands; minimum of a Qualified Applicator Certificate (QAC) would merit our consideration
- Ability to recognize common non-native invasive plant species (weeds) in a restoration setting, and distinguish them from native plants
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and carry it for a distance of 100 feet
- Experience with field supervision of labor crews is desired by not required
- Current valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain access credentials to military installations (no disqualifying record)
Provide at least 2 references from previous work.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.