Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: San Diego, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler seeks a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager for a Joint Venture firm with multiple federal contracts for the performance of a wide variety of habitat restoration projects. Our work is largely in San Diego, Orange, Riverside, and Imperial Counties, from the coast to the inland desert with some work ranging up to the Bay area and southern Nevada and Arizona. We do start-to-finish habitat restoration in a variety of ecosystems including inland and coastal wetlands, riparian areas, desert and chaparral vegetation, and woodlands and palm oases. Work performed includes site preparation including earthwork, installation of temporary irrigation systems, planting container plants, distributing seed, and weed control. A strong candidate will have demonstrable management skills including communication, a proactive approach to planning, the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, and good time management skills.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5-7 years of experience in habitat restoration work, with 3-5 of those years as a project manager, preferably in Southern California
- Facility with standard computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and email programs essential; Facility with GPS data collection and management is a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrable proposal development experience
- Demonstrable history of positive interaction with clients and with regulatory agencies
- Experience with working on teams, and with task allocation among different resource bases
- Ability to obtain access credentials to military installations (no disqualifying record)
- Provide at least 2 references from previous work
Candidates with experience in marketing, proposal writing, and client development will be given consideration for rapid promotion to senior management positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.