Denver, CO, US
Denver, CO, US
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Operations Management, Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Strong Base Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + 401K
Location: Denver, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our partner is an industry leading transportation firm which provides specialized trucking services across the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Henderson Colorado(twenty miles north of Denver) and with six terminals across the United States, our partner employs in excess of 115 Over the Road (OTR) Drivers, delivering services in six niche areas: Hazardous Material Transport, Heavy Haul, Dry Van, Roll Off, Transload and Flat Bed Services.
With a focus on delivering the very best transportation solutions across all service offerings, our partner has adopted a culture of safety and excellence. This commitment across all stakeholders including drivers, operations, management and fleet maintenance personnel to drive performance, has garnered their firm the top safety recognition available by the Department of Energy, and glowing endorsements by their customers. With steady growth being realized within this business and as their market continues to expand, we are seeking an experienced Safety Manager located in Henderson, CO to join this team.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of the Safety Program including DOT and OSHA Compliance, Worker's Compensation Program Management, Driver Safety Training and Compliance, and mitigation of risk/post-accident investigation and follow through. With a fleet that includes two separate DOT numbers; and with some of their business regulated by the Department of Energy, you will be a critical component of ensuring the safety of their employees and compliance to all state and federal requirements. A true partner to the senior leadership team, you will initially work to understand how their business is currently functioning and then review their programs as they currently exist; provide recommendations for change where you identify gaps or short comings, and then roll out those required improvements as needed. An analytical thinker who works well independently, you possess excellent communication and problem solving skills.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime - a career changer - where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers
- Interprets rules, regulations, and procedures for management and employees;
- Recommends solutions to safety concerns;
- Performs accident investigations, monitors and processes worker's compensation claims, and coordinates loss prevention activities;
- Assists in the administration of the OSHA program;
- Conducts safety meetings weekly and monthly for drivers and mechanics;
- Develops, implements, maintains, and supervises safety programs;
- Keeps current on OSHA standards and DOT regulations, activities and recent decisions that might affect policies and programs through reading governmental and professional publications and attending seminars;
- Supervises the administration of the State Worker's Compensation Laws, accident investigations, accident prevention programs, claims processing, preparation of reports and record keeping, and rehabilitation programs;
- Determines validity of industrial injury claims and reviews correctness of information;
- Keeps current on new ideas and techniques in the accident prevention, risk management and compensation field;
- Ensures proper follow-through on all reportable accident to determine that the employee's and the company'sTransportation's interest are protected;
- Supervises driver compliance with DOT regulations;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease safety concerns, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Coordinates, interprets, and informs management of relevant Federal, State, and Local laws regarding hazardous materials in order to be compliant;
- Coordinates and Supervises DOT, OSHA and Insurance audits.
- Conducts and enforces field safety observations of driving, loading, and unloading activities.
- Coordinates and conducts commentary drives to ensure safe driving habits are maintained.
Experience - Minimum 5 years' Safety Management experience. Transportation / Trucking experience is essential with previous hazardous material necessary.
Education - Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma + equivalent experience
Knowledge - Fully conversant in OSHA, FMCSA federal law and regulations is essential, as well as Worker's Compensation laws and case decisions relating to those laws. Thorough understanding of regulations as they apply to the transport of hazardous materials, reporting requirements of same, and all company related activities and documentation to ensure corporate compliance. Previous DOT audit experience critical. Knowledge of Transportation / Trucking industry standards, principles of accident prevention and loss control and medical requirements for standard and commercial driver's license as specified by CDOT.
State Specific DOT Knowledge - Previous experience managing DOT /OSHA Compliance programs in CO, NV, NM, TN, PA and WA preferred.
Technical & Team Leadership Skills - Previous experience having led Safety programs and DOT Compliance programs in the transportation & trucking sector. Previous experience working in close collaboration with corporate resources, fleet personnel and operations across multiple districts and states is key. Previous experience delivering team training across multiple sites.
Excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities is desired
· Highly competitive base salary
· Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
· Lovely 401(k) program with company match
Interested? Let's Chat! Kathleen@talentmatchllc.com