Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port Aransas, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location: Port Arthur, TX
The Electrical Engineer reports to the Lead Electrical Engineer, Projects & Reliability and is the technical steward for electrical systems and is accountable for supporting, maintaining and improving these systems including all associated documentation. The Electrical Engineer will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, Engineering Design, Maintenance, and Operations groups.
Understand all facets of LNG transportation, storage and processing, including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. In-depth knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations and their implementation in operating facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Guide and direct the development of operating philosophies and detailed procedures, practices and standards for the LNG terminal.
- Serve as the electrical and power generation administrator and provide electrical systems support to Maintenance and Operations to keep plant systems operational. Responsible for the industrial electrical systems from the field devices (motors, switches, etc.) through the distribution from 120 V to 13.8 kV which includes lighting panels, power panels, UPS, motor control centers, distribution transformers, switchgear, gas turbines and diesel generators.
- Use sound engineering practices, plant standards, and specifications to ensure that documentation for the electrical systems is maintained properly.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes.
- Participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews. (PSSR)
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, assistance in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance department. Work with Maintenance and Operations on electrical issues when they occur.
- Develop design basis, preliminary estimates, and schedules for project design scopes.
- Work with Manager, Technical Services, to define problems, establish work scopes, prepare task budgets and schedules, plan work, provide technical direction, and report the work status to management.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Work with Engineering and Construction department to assure O&M interests are represented on major projects.
- Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. A Professional Engineer's (PE) License is a plus.
- Experience: Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in an industrial setting in engineering or operations depending on the type of experience. Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers (Plant Manager, plant supervision and plant workers) whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy, including ESS, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.