Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer, Project Controls
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Title: Freight Rate Analyst
Location: Houston, Texas
Reports to: Director, Logistics
The Freight Rate Analyst will be responsible for analyzing existing freight rates and tariff regulations and proposed new increases.
- Negotiate rates in accordance with Company guidelines and standards
- Confer with Sales, Marketing and Inventory
- Maintain appropriate records and prepare reports
- Review and correct invoices as needed
- Work cross functionally in the organization, monitor requirements and recommend changes
- Work with Railroads to resolve billing issues and file quarterly reports
- Work directly with shipping mines to insure quality billing
- Compile quarterly shipment activity reports to file and track the status of negotiated railroad contracts
- Track open disputes, create a trend analysis to spot and resolve recurring billing errors via root cause analysis
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate, college degree preferred.
- Experience in railroad transportation, rate negotiations, storage/demurrage tracking
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook required
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with car tracing software, Bourque, Railroads software, Steel Roads, etc.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality of work.
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute