Are you a SSHE Specialist and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major Oil and Gas company, which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic SSHE Specialist. The role will be located in Calgary, AB
Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Specialists not only support one or more safety, security, health, or environmental subject areas for a particular site or functional group within an affiliate but also provide a level of subject matter expertise in one or more areas. The SSHE Specialist influences the field organization without formal authority by demonstrating strong operations and/or maintenance skills, and interacting effectively with operations/manufacturing/pipeline/other field organizations. The SSHE Specialist also demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills while working with diverse groups. This job role will cover some but not all of the responsibilities listed below.
Typical Job Position Titles may include: EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Coordinator, Offshore Installation (OI) Coordinator, Safety Specialist, Waste Coordinator, etc.
- Generates/reviews minor permits and communicates with agencies on issues not being handled by Business Line Headquarters staff
- Serves as local subject matter expert for compliance and / or OI related questions
- Develop/enhance site-specific compliance tools
- Provides ongoing reviews of compliance for agency and internal requirements (e.g. regulatory,
- Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Serves as liaison between Operations and Business Line Headquarters staff
- Assists in preparing for OIMS or agency assessments; coordinate follow-up activities and responses
- Coordinates surveys/comments and impact estimates on proposed regulations, as needed
- Coordinates non routine sampling/inspection programs and remediation projects, as needed
- Plans site emergency response table top drills and stewards action items
- Coordinates incident investigations
- Provides quality assurance / data integrity review of local SSHE data and stewardship report
- Conducts SSHE Training, Orientations, Safety Meeting presentations
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk
- Functional Skills: emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment, OIMS execution support, risk assessment and management, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of environmental management and regulatory compliance, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, SSHE management - operations and maintenance, managing critical operations activities
- Prefer college level education or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures)
Candidates must be proficient in the following areas to be considered:
- Support Company Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management system and processes
- Support compliance with product safety legislation and CEPA (Canadian Environmental; Protection Act and its regulations).
- Support creation of finished product, stream, and waste SDS(s)
- Ensure safety data sheets are available in the national language and comply with national requirements, Company policy.
- Review authored SDSs for the purpose of compliance with existing regulations
- Candidate must be competent in the application of Canadian WHMIS 2015 regulations and be able to provide evidence of prior work in this area. Candidate must be proficient in internet based safety data sheets applications, and software.
What We Offer
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements
As a forerunner in the petroleum industry, our client has come to represent leadership and industry expertise. They are one of Canada’s largest corporations and are engaged in the exploration, production and sale of crude oil and natural gas. Considered by many to be highly safety conscious, and are community and environmental leaders, our client offers exciting and cutting edge technology opportunities in the Oil Sands of Alberta. Be a part of the innovation and position of leadership that can allow you opportunities to learn and grow your career.