Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Anadarko seeks a Sr Accounting Specialist to join the Production Accounting organization located in the The Woodlands, TX office. The position will support the Delaware Basin business area and focus on assisting in all regulatory reporting and production accounting, as well as, field data capture, comparison and analysis.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- 5 years or more years of relevant accounting experience is required.
- Oil and gas regulatory reporting production and/or accounting is highly preferred.
- Understanding of oil/gas field processes and operations is preferred.
- Field data capture system experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SAP.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented approach and the ability to prioritize workflow and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze and identify variances.
- Maintain and support master files for production data capture, monthly allocation process and the filing of State and Federal Regulatory Reports.
- Prepare monthly Run Ticket reconciliations.
- Compile, allocate and reconcile volume dispositions.
- Maintain internal SOX controls with assigned level of responsibility.
- Participate in system upgrades and testing.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, specifically field personnel, state and federal government agencies, and other departments of the organization.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation