Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support, Technical Writing
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position will work closely with PMO and business application users and owners to understand the end-to-end processes, systems and integration for conducting business transactions. The Lead Systems Analyst will provide leadership and direction in the design, implementation and support of business application systems throughout the IT organization. This position will require development tasks, documenting technical requirements, resource planning and management, ability to address complex business processes and provide innovative solutions for the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives, creates a stable and team-oriented atmosphere, and supports employment development through coaching and mentoring.
- Assists business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, requirements, benefits and risks of proposed solution and helps manage expectations of users and management
- Understand business problems, processes and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Possess the functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for the support and configuration of Oracle applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization, fast formulas and extensions.
- Ability to learn and cross-train staff in multiple technical areas
- Deliver daily production break/fix support and also assist with enhancements to the Oracle EBS modules. Project management tasks, including leading team and overall support plans for requirements; leading technical (development, system test, and interface) teams during enhancements.
- Typically works on large/complex global projects with diversified international team.
- Presents concepts in clear and concise fashion using tools and material appropriate for the audience.
- Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and client requirements and recommends solutions.
- Lead and manages technical process design initiatives, and manages the translation of those requirements to the team
- Develops well designed, quality and efficient code and focuses on the supportability, reliability, and effectiveness by enforcing coding best practices across global team.
- Facilitates and supports the delivery of new applications, enhancements, highly creative and effective solutions that are forward-thinking for the organization.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Business, or equivalent professional education/experience
- 10+ years of experience in designing, writing detailed technical requirements and test scenarios based upon business/functional requirements
- 5+ years of implementation experience in Oracle and other enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience of team member (onshore-offshore) management, mentoring, and developing resources
- 1+ years of experience with ServiceNow Framework
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion & E-Business Suite - Financials, Supply Chain, HR, Enterprise Asset Maintenance, Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll
- Experience with ITIL, Project Management, Agile, DevOps, and SDLC
- Good written and verbal communication skills to explain technical needs and problems to non-technical staff
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple functions/organizations, vendors and all levels of management
- Ability to utilize infrastructure software and Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Visio, SharePoint and version control software
- Strong time management and organizing skills necessary to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Strong data analysis, critical thinking and problem solving ability with strong customer service/user support skills
This position works inside a climate-controlled environment in the corporate office of Parker Drilling Company. Parker Drilling Company will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job. Minimum travel may be required.
ATTENTION: NO RECRUITING AGENCIES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REACH OUT TO HIRING MANAGERS OR HR.