Odessa, TX, US
Odessa, TX, US
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
This is an entry level position focused on providing the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely perform a variety of basic Wireline services as a Field Operator. The expectation at this level is to assist under direct supervision of the lead operator, and to observe all aspects of the operation as performed by the Wireline crew. Duties and responsibilities are to assist in the maintenance and operation of Wireline equipment and services.
Under the direction and supervision of the location manager, the junior operator will undergo initial training in order to meet the minimum HSE certification and technical requirements required to assist in operations at the jobsite. The manager will assign the employee a mentor and or Senior Operator in order to assist as necessary so that the required level of skills and knowledge has been achieved.
The employee is required to complete the Level 1 Field Operator competency standard to meet the criteria for Junior Field Operator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully complete the learning plan for Level 1 Wireline Field Operator. The learning plan includes on-the-job training under the supervision of a mentor, formal training, and utilization of Weatherford online training and documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of tools and equipment, and paperwork requirements.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training systems.
- Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of Weatherford tools and equipment at the location.
- Assist in performing tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
- Assist in performing Wireline tests, cable re-heads, and basic preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension monitoring.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 1+ years of wireline experience
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand basic mathematics
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate in native language
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under time constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Basic understanding, written and verbal of English
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS:
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.