Skills: HR - General
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration and maintenance of Company employee benefit programs. The job is an entry-level contributor position in the Total Rewards department requiring a minimum of one year direct experience in benefits administration or equivalently related experience.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Processes benefit enrollments, changes and cancellations with accuracy and appropriate timeliness
* Reviews benefit plans and transactions for compliance with federal law provisions related to benefits
* Assists in the execution of major Company benefit events, such as open enrollment, audits, health fairs
* Advises employees and liaises with vendors, when necessary, regarding eligibility and coverage for medical, dental, vision, group life, disability, 401(k) and other Company benefits and policies
* Reviews employee benefit deductions, contributions and vendor billing for accuracy under direct supervision
* Performs routine to simple analysis of data related to employee benefits as directed
* Abide by Company policies and procedures.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelors Degree Required
* Minimum of one year experience in employee benefits or related field
* Familiarity of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA and IRS regulations affecting benefits
* Familiarity of HRIS systems and reporting
* Detail-oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
* Good PC skills to include all MS Office products with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Good written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively
* Sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to sitting, walking, and standing. Occasionally, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and balancing may necessary. Frequent use of eyes, hands and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication and communication through telephony devices.
This is an office-based position.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.