Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Network Engineer role is to ensure the stable operation of the company's network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will primarily serve as a bridge between business and technical staff and help in designing, implementing, maintaining and improving a network in line with business and IT objectives.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and voice gateways.
- Manage/Resolve technical problems, travel on site when necessary.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations and servers
- Maintain and administer all network equipment including hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Manage and maintain all voice systems.
- Liaise with Suppliers to gain quotes for new WAN connections and follow through to installation
- Project manage WAN and LAN installations
- Liaise with Business Managers to ensure that the needs of each region/business unit are accounted for in WAN design
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- On call emergency response duty on a rotational basis.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- 5 years netwok experience required; CCNA and CCNP qualifications or experience