Skills: Marketing, Sales
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The role of the Director of Sales is to lead the marketing, sales, business development activities, and client relations in the assigned region.
He/She ensures the achievement of planned objectives with regard to:
- Marketing: Value proposition, customer and competition analysis, communications
- Sales: Tender response, contract negotiations, and contract amendments and extensions
- Business Development: Evaluation of new business opportunities, new technology industry watch
- Client Relations: Strategic partnership, relationship management
Direct Manager/Supervisor - Senior Vice President, Commercial
Director of Sales interacts with all departments and regularly communicates with Operations, Q&HSE, Technical Support, and Legal departments.
Qualifications and Experience
Director of Sales is required to have:
- Technical and/or business degree (MBA strongly preferred)
- Ten years of international experience in deep water drilling operations
- Thorough understanding of drilling contract provisions
- Strong leadership and customer relationship skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish, both written and verbal, a plus
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Ensure adherence and support to the Pacific Drilling Management System which focuses on Quality systems in all aspects of the organization.
?Marketing responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Regularly review Pacific Drilling value proposition and make recommendations to Senior Management for adjustment when necessary
- Understand the customer, the markets in which they operate, and their drivers
- Maintain deep understanding of the ultra-deepwater environment through continuous evaluation of the competitive environment
- Maintain an updated Marketing presentation aligned with investor relations and corporate communication strategy and targeted to a specific client audience
?Technical Sales responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely response to all targeted bids, coordinate bid answer with assistance from Operations, Technical Support, QHSE, and Legal department
- Lead Sales activities with regular sales calls and presentations to actual or targeted customers, either based in the region or operating in the region
- Support Sales activities in other regions as needed
- Lead drilling contracts negotiations and contracts amendments
Business Development responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide input to Strategic Planning group to help evaluate potential long-term strategic growth opportunities and new ventures
- Develop business cases for strategic opportunities to integrate new technology (i.e., Managed Pressure Drilling) to support company decision making process
- Maintain a new technology industry watch by participating in technical industry events, conferences, workshops, and taking part in industry committees as needed
Client Relations responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and grow strategic partnership with key customers based or operating in assigned region
- Manage the relationship with all customers based or operating in assigned region
Succession Planning - Identify and train successor(s)
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!