Longview, Texas, United States
Longview, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Field Service Tech, Process Control
Other Skills: Sales, Business Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: 65,000-75,000 DOE
Location: Longview, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
East Texas and areas as assigned
The Sales Representative is responsible for the sale of the company's products and services in the specified region and provides ongoing support to the customer. The Sales Representative is also responsible for the growth and development of the assigned territory market.
• Assists with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
• Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets
• Acts as a resource to customers in contract opportunities and proposals
• Assists with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts
• Participates in education and training conferences
• Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers
• Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining customers and assisting in attaining new accounts
• Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided
• Answers questions from customers and handles complaints
• Schedules lunch and learns and/or face to face meetings with all factory representatives on a quarterly basis when customers schedule permits
• Other job related duties as assigned
This position primarily is conducted in an inside office setting but may be subject to environmental conditions. Protection from temperature changes such as extreme heat and cold may be needed as well as wind and humidity. Activities may occur both inside and outside and are considered fast paced. Occupational exposures may include: acids, solvents, soaps/detergents, dangerous gases and asbestos (rare).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to occasionally to sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Occasional climbing of ladders, ramps, or stairs
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to frequently reach at shoulder level and while holding objects of up to 25 lbs
• Occasional over-shoulder reaching
• Frequent reading
• Occasional awkward postures of neck, shoulder, wrist, elbow, or fingers
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Problem solving, prioritizing, adequate memory skills, comprehending, prioritizing, learning, attitude regulation, ability to take correction, analyzing, interpersonal communication, learning, decision making, awareness of surroundings, ability to take direction, frustration tolerance, focusing, judgment, stress tolerance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that requires on-site attendance. General days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., but may vary depending on special customer functions. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel in the local area and outside the local area is required. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED and three year experience in field of sales
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and three to five years experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Active Driver's License
Knowledge of company products and services
Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point computer programs