Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell Sarnia is currently seeking CPET students from Lambton College for an 8-month work term starting Jan 2019.
Following the onboarding period, you will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about process control, operating equipment, unit inspections, and standard operating procedures. You will be assigned a crew, on a 12-hour shift rotation and will shadow operators as a learning experience. You will work under the direction and supervision of a qualified shift operator of the unit. Duties will include unit rounds, monitoring equipment, helping prepare equipment for maintenance, with some sampling and testing.
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in the CPET, PETC or CPEX program at Lambton College to be considered for this position. All applicants will be verified by Lambton College before consideration. Indicate if you are currently seeking 2A or 1B Co-op in your application.
If you are in the CPEX program, you must have taken or be registered to complete your 9-month steam time reduction. (Please specify this in your resume).
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.
- Must be currently enrolled in the CPET, PETC or CPEX program at Lambton College
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada for anyone other than current employer without sponsorship
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to speak, read & write English fluently
- Some Requirements overtime and after-hours coverage may be required
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Willing to work a rotating shift schedule
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Must reside within the area
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level
- Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to comply with Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Willing to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment
Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers. A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video