Skills: Facilities Engineer
Other Skills: Hydraulic Modeling; Process Safety Management; Safety Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Greeley, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
We are working with one of our International Oil and Gas Operating Clients, they are headquartered in Houston.
We are recruiting for a Facilities Engineer to join our Client's Greeley operations, this is a long-term opportunity.
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
Oversees facilities engineering projects and provides engineering support for on-going operations. Reports to an Engineering, Operations or Asset Manager and works closely with Business Unit Managers and Asset Teams for each geographic area to ensure early identification of surface facility needs. Oversees evaluation of appropriate options and makes recommendations that meet the Business Unit needs and development strategies. Is responsible for the timely and on-budget completion of these projects. Coordinates work with other departments (e.g. EH&S, Regulatory, Marketing) in order to coordinate all aspects for their successful execution. Provides on-going technical facilities engineering support for trouble shooting, optimization and identification of de-bottlenecking opportunities within the existing assets. Oversees selection of 3rd party engineering and construction firms that will be required to leverage their ability to provide complete project management services for the wide and diverse facility portfolio. Proactively implements all facilities projects with risk assessments and process safety management as a top priority.
The Facility engineer will be responsible in providing Process Safety Management support by facilitating the MOC and PHA processes. They will also be providing Planning Support & Detailed design/IFC packages for their assigned projects. 5+ years of experience in Upstream Facilities Engineering is preferred to manage the process/mechanical/I&E responsibility and incorporate lessons learned on previous jobs into the family of designs.
- Applies basic knowledge to carry out a sequence of tasks. Under close supervision, performs routine assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Develops fit for purpose standards and specifications for surface facility projects.
- Performs feasibility studies, scope development, AFE cost estimates, bid preparation, and overall project management of assigned projects.
- Designs oil, gas and produced water handling facilities, including low pressure gathering systems, compressor stations, high-pressure pipelines and treating facilities (dehydration, sweetening, NGLs), evaporative ponds, water treating systems, and SWD plants.
- Reviews design drawings and construction documents (plats, P&IDs, etc.)
- Coordinates with EH&S and Regulatory for all required permits and compliance and ensures operations comply with all corporate EH&S policies and governmental regulations.
- Reviews existing facilities for capacity upgrades and de-bottlenecking opportunities.
- Ensures proper documentation and data books are assembled for each completed project.
- Ability to run more complex gathering system hydraulic modeling.
- Cost Estimate: Feasibility: Field Operations
- Hydraulic Modeling: Plats: Process Safety Management: Project Management: Risk Assessments: Safety Management: Documentation: Drainage: Marketing: Optimization: Plant / Facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Normal office environment
- Some travel to field operations required