Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Category Specialist - EPC, Concept Development, and Specialty Engineering
Accountable for Engineering, and Project Management Services including procurement process assurance, development of category management and concept development contracting strategies and tactics, ensuring business requirements are fulfilled and value is optimized from integration and consolidation of the category across the Alaska Strategic Performance Unit (SPU)and through Suppliers performance management oriented to continuous improvement and value adding. Also accountable for the overall development and implementation of Global Agreements, sourcing strategies and supply market intelligence. This role will report to the Projects & Engineering Category Management Team Leader in Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM).
4 year degree in supply chain, business, or engineering
* 5 year experience using a formal Strategic Sourcing and/or Category Management approach
* 2 year experience handling EPMS, EPC or Specialty Engineering contracts for Projects including performance management and KPI definition and implementation.
* Familiarity with project delivery - procurement and contracting for project critical materials and services
* Strong customer service focus.
* Establishes and communicates vision and strategic direction for assigned category across the SPU.
* Provides information and counsel to stakeholders on market trends, commodity cost drivers and cost control strategies.
* Category Management -Develops networks and facilitates cross-functional teams in commodity strategy development, supplier sourcing, and supplier negotiations.
* Employs financial analysis and economic modeling skills to evaluate supplier proposal pricing and develops flexible contractual pricing models that accommodate inflation, currency, scope changes, and other areas of risk mitigation and cost control.
* Accountable for accuracy of the data relating to market sub-sectors.
* Builds and maintains profiles of supply market and key suppliers (includes both current and potential suppliers).
* Proactively explores the wider supply and industry markets to identify opportunities that BP can leverage to improve delivery or to mitigate supply risk, (e.g., technology developments, supplier and demand consolidation).
* Builds and nurtures both internal and external relationships. Sourcing
* Analyzes and assists in the development of specifications and statements of work.
* Identifies, implements and realizes value through effective ''strategic cost management'' utilizing best in class methods (e.g., should cost modeling) and tools (e.g., e-auctions). Contract Management
* Develops and manages supplier relationships for EPMS, specialty engineering strategic and core suppliers.
* Supports the Global Concept Development group in developing value adding project contracting strategy maps
* Establishes measures to monitor and ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance.
* Capability Development: Participates in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.