Location: Vidalia, LA
Duration: Long-term contract
Pay rate: $55-$60 per hour
The Mechanical Engineer will be heavily involved in the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of a processing facility. This role will also ensure continuous plant capacity and operation through the application of mechanical and reliability equipment engineering. In production, the position is also expected to improve plant processing operations and efficiencies through the effective administration of capital projects.
- Responsible for ensuring quality maintenance systems, best practice reliability engineering service and the provision of quality controlled reliability standards.
- Involvement in all mechanical construction & commissioning activities, including the purchase, design, and replacement of existing equipment and revisions to plant layout and operation.
- Reviewing the mechanical elements from design through to construction completion and attainment of Construction Verification including workmanship documentation from Contractors.
- Obtaining and recording technical and contractual information relating to mechanical equipment.
- Developing and updating the Work Packages for each module and phase of construction/commissioning, including the discipline test registers, and ensuring that they comply with piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), single line diagrams (SLDs) and other relevant project documents.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with a mechanical team in a design/construction/commissioning environment.
- Exposure to the mining, oil & gas or chemical manufacturing industries.
- Understanding of common predictive technologies: vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, motor analysis, ultrasonic, machinery analysis, alignment and balancing procedures, and fixed equipment diagnostic technologies.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.