Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR I
Saybolt - Corpus Christi, TX
Supervises and performs routine laboratory tests to determine chemical or physical characteristics designated by Saybolt's client. Supervises all laboratory operations, personnel and safety programs in the designated location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand all analysis, quality and safety standards in English, including ASTM, UOP, IP and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory.
- Set up, adjust and operate all laboratory equipment, quality systems and safety programs and train laboratory staff in the correct testing, quality and safety practices in accordance with applicable standards, company policies and sound laboratory practice.
- Assist in or perform basic analytical tests from well-defined standards and procedures as required by operational considerations.
- Laboratory Supervisor training must be documented in the Saybolt Laboratory Chemist/Technician Training Record book, verifying that the Supervisor is able to perform all required tests in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
- Supervise and monitor the calibration of laboratory instruments and verify that all chemists and technicians under the Manager's supervision are trained and qualified to calibrate designated instruments and maintain proper calibration records.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Exercise, and require lab employees to exercise, procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in Laboratory Manual #5, Safety Manual #7, and the Core Laboratories Safety and Environmental Manual, and company policies.
- Monitor personal and staff technical, safety and policy training. Determine that laboratory employees pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials disposal, and other safety, performance and compliance training required by the materials tested and handled, and applicable regulations.
- Supervise laboratory employees and ensure their compliance with acceptable work habits, safety requirements, company policies, compliance to standards and policies, accuracy of test results, attitude, attendance, time keeping, and all other aspects of their job performance.
- Laboratory Supervisor must report to the Manager when any lab employee does not meet company performance or behavior standards.
- Ensure that samples to be tested are properly prioritized for testing; review test results and compare them with specifications or typical test results (if any).
- Understand and be able to complete laboratory raw data sheets and make accurate entries into Saybolt's laboratory computer programs.
- Maintain all required quality control documents and have documents available for audit at all times.
- Monitor the operation and profitability of the laboratory.
- Purchase (with proper approval) and maintain laboratory equipment necessary to service customer requirements at the location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or 5 years experience in relevant operating environment including 2 years as an Engineering Aide I.
- Minimum relevant industry experience/training including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, document and data management software (may include Oracle, Matrix One, or equivalent database and product data management systems).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.